Nehalem Bay Fire & Rescue District
Location: Nehalem, OR
The Nehalem Bay Fire & Rescue District is currently seeking motivated individuals to join our team as a Student Resident Volunteer Firefighter, SRV. This position does require that the individual use the fire station as their primary residence. The SRV will be required to do 40 hours of shift work a month. During the assigned shift the SRV will conduct various station duties and respond to calls for service. The SRV will also be required to attend weekly drills whether on duty or not. The Fire District will supply the SRV with a dorm room, laundry facilities, kitchen and recreation room, required PPE and uniform.
- Successful completion of the Physical Agility Test, drug screening and background check.
- Valid Driver’s License
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Insurable by the Fire District’s Insurance carrier
- Enrollment Full-time in one of the following programs; Fire Protection, Fire Prevention, Emergency Medical Services, Firefighter I Academy or completion of academy with in six months of entering the program.
- Firefighter I
- EMT – B
- NFPA Driver/Pump Operator
Any interested applicants can go on-line to down load the Nehalem Bay Fire Rescue District application at http://www.nehalembayfirerescue.org/
Contact Division Chief Scott Mullen firstname.lastname@example.org 503-368-7590
Fire Chief Perry Sherbaugh email@example.com 503-368-7590
See attached NBFR Resident Handbook