East Umatilla County Health District
Location: Athena, OR
Deadline: May 12, 2017
Employment Start Date: June 1, 2017
The East Umatilla County Health District office is located in Athena, Oregon. The service area covers approximately 400 square miles. Our neighboring services are Hermiston, Milton-Freewater Rural FD, Elgin RFD, Umatilla Indian Reservation and the City of Pendleton FD. EMS services are covered by the administrator, paramedics and paid volunteers. We have around 200 runs in a year. We are standby for fires and sports events at the area’s schools. We coordinate with Life Flight, which has three bases in a 60 mile or less radius from us. The District owns three ambulances, a rapid response vehicle, office building, and ambulance bay. The District is debt free and will receive a new tax rate and name change on July 1, 2017.
The senior paramedic/ administrator answers to a five-member elected board and would manage the day-to-day operations of the Health District. He/She would take the 911 calls during the 40 - hour workweek with paid volunteer EMTs and drivers. He/she would hire two more paramedics along with the board. The salary would start at $65,000 plus health insurance and retirement benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
*Bachelor degree (preferred) in EMS or Fire Administration or Public Administration or Business Management or related fields
* Must possess current Oregon EMS Paramedic license in good standing, or able to obtain reciprocity within 90 days of hire (Provisional Paramedic Licensure not accepted)
* 5 years of direct EMS supervisory experience with coordinating training events
* 5 years of EMS experience at the paramedic level with urban, rural, and wilderness backgrounds
* Must meet physical requirements necessary to perform duties of a field paramedic, to include, but not limited to lifting and transferring of patients and equipment
* Must be able to pass a background check and be bonded. Must have a good driving record free of DUII or other non-insurable crimes
* Possesses knowledge of HIPPA laws and report writing skills
* Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and medical billing software.
* Willing to participate in community activities such as: first aid classes, blood pressure checks, etc.
For complete job description and application go to www.euchd.com