Pennsylvania firefighters overcome by carbon monoxide at blaze

  • Source: Coatesville Daily Local News
  • Published: 08/10/2017 12:00 AM

Five firefighters were hospitalized after battling an electrical fire in the borough Wednesday afternoon. At 3:30 p.m., Fame Fire Company was dispatched to North Darlington Street at the corner of West Gay Street for a report of an odor of smoke. Fire crews arrived to find an active house fire. After firefighters entered the building, a distress call was sent out because Assistant Chief Mark Scanlon had collapsed and lost consciousness due to what is believed to be carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Initial reports had indicated that 12 firefighters were injured, but a total of five firefighters were transported to an area hospital: Scanlon and four others.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe