Two Arlington firefighters and a Arlington Water Utilities crew member were injured while responding to a gas leak that occurred Sunday afternoon in central Arlington.
All three were transported to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. The extent of their injuries is not known.
According to Arlington Fire Department spokesman Mike Joiner, Arlington Water Utilities crews were repairing a water line leak at the intersection of Ditto Avenue and Dugan Street. As they cleared asphalt to begin excavation, an Atmos gas line was impacted.
Joiner said the crews stopped work and contacted Atmos Energy and the Arlington Fire Department.