Surveillance video: Dog tries to sneak leftover pancakes, starts Massachusetts house fire

  • Source: WCVB-TV ABC 5 Boston
  • Published: 02/05/2018 12:00 AM

VIDEO - A family in Massachusetts nearly lost their house after their dog inadvertently turned on the kitchen stove while trying to grab some leftover pancakes. The incident was captured by the family's security cameras, and the footage was submitted to the Southwick Fire Department which shared the video on Facebook. The dog hit the ignition button on the gas stove, causing an item sitting on the stove to ignite. Slowly, the flames increased in size and the room started to fill up with smoke. Thankfully, a monitored alarm system brought firefighters to the house before the blaze could spread.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe