A toddler died from injuries suffered while touring a Scottsdale Fire Department station this past weekend, city officials confirmed Tuesday.
The boy, just under 2 years old, was fatally injured Saturday by apparatus bay doors at the Scottsdale Fire Station at 1901 N. Miller Road, the city's communications office said.
The large doors open and close to allow fire vehicles in and out of the station.
The boy received immediate medical attention and was transferred to the trauma center at Phoenix Children's Hospital, officials said in a prepared statement issued by the city.
The boy was pronounced dead at the hospital, officials said.
The boy was a relative of a firefighter who was on duty at the station, according to city officials.