Firefighters warn of carbon monoxide dangers

  • Source: KTVF-TV Webcenter 11
  • Published: 10/08/2017 09:44 AM

As fall turns to winter, many Alaskans are turning on heating appliances that if not properly Carbon monoxide is a poisonous, colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that can cause brain damage and even death. Carbon Monoxide poisoning can happen as the temperature drop and residents begin to turn on their appliances for heat. Keep all fuel-burning appliances and engine properly vented including space heaters, furnaces, charcoal grills, cooking ranges, water heaters, fireplaces, portable generators, wood burning stoves and of course car and truck engines. Exposure to this poison is particularly dangerous for un born babies, children and adults. Some symptoms of carbon monoxide can be a dull headache, dizziness, nausea or vomiting, confusion and blurred vision. Carbon monoxide poisoning can be especially dangerous for people who are sleeping or intoxicated. People may have irreversible brain damage or even be killed before anyone realizes there's a problem.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe