A house fire off Badger Road last night injured one person, and prompted a major response from area fire crews and Alaska State Troopers.
At around 7-30 P-M Monday, firefighters from the North Star Volunteer Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire on Memory Avenue in North Pole.
Passing motorists had spotted the flames while they drove by the neighborhood near Fort Wainwright's Badger Gate.
According to troopers, the fire started when a fire pit *inside a mobile home caught a sofa on fire, which then spread to the rest of the residence.
Troopers say 26-year-old Lafon Charlie tried to put out the blaze, but wasn't successful, and suffered burns.
The flames spread to an adjacent trailer with a woman inside.
Witnesses at the scene said the passersby who initially reported the fire was able to extract the woman from the home without injuries.
Charlie was taken to Fairbanks Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Troopers say both trailers were a total loss, and their investigation into the incident is ongoing.