Propane heater fire kills dog, displaces four in Fairbanks

  • Source: Fairbanks News-Miner - Metered Site
  • Published: 02/08/2018 03:52 AM

A fire sparked by a propane heater destroyed a modular home in the Chena Pump Road during the weekend, displacing four people and killing a dog. Firefighters responded at 4:36 a.m. Saturday to a burning ATCO unit at Alaska Gravel & Foundation on Chena Point Avenue, said Deputy Fire Chief Chris Hunger with Chena Goldstream Fire and Rescue. Firefighters transported one person to Fairbanks Memorial Hospital as a precaution, he said. Firefighters were on scene cleaning up until about 7 p.m. at temperatures down to 35 below zero, he said. Ron Bluel Jr. was across town picking out a flannel shirt at Walmart when he got a phone call that his home was on fire.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe