Phoenix boy suffers 2nd-degree burns in house fire started by Christmas tree

  • Source: Arizona Republic, & KPNX-TV NBC 12 Phoenix
  • Published: 12/17/2017 03:20 PM

VIDEO: An 11-year-old boy suffered second-degree burns to his body early Sunday after faulty wiring on a Christmas tree started a fire in the boy's home, the Phoenix Fire Department said. Capt. Larry Subervi, a spokesman for the Fire Department, said the boy suffered burns to his torso, hands and face. Firefighters transported the boy to a burn center where the victim was in stable condition, Subervi said. The boy's family had been woken up by smoke detectors and found the first floor of the two-story house was filled smoke and fire, Subervi said. The mother, the 11-year-old boy and his two siblings were in the home near 35th and Southern avenues at the time of the fire, which was about 3 a.m., the spokesman said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe