Douglas family displaced by fire

  • Source: Sierra Vista Herald
  • Published: 12/27/2017 11:28 AM

A fire displaced a Douglas family of five and their dog two days before Christmas. Around 2:30 p.m. Saturday, a 911 call was received stating a house in the 500 block of Fifth Street was on fire. The Douglas Fire Department was quick to respond and was greeted by thick smoke coming from the front of the residence. Firefighters were able to get things under control pretty quickly but not without some smoke damage to the residence. DFD Fire Chief Mario Novoa said the family was home at the time of the and saw flames coming from the laundry room area. He added the family got out with no one being injured and they were actually the ones who called 911. The Red Cross stepped in to provide the family with temporary housing. Firefighters were able to save the home but added there is considerable smoke damage inside.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe