Goodyear garage fire displaces family of 3

  • Source: KASW-CW6 & KTVK-3TV (
  • Published: 09/26/2017 06:09 AM

A garage is completely gutted and three people are displaced in Goodyear after an overnight fire, according to fire officials. The fire broke out just after 1 a.m. near Van Buren Street and Sarival Avenue. The father was alerted after the smoke detectors went off. After seeing smoke, he worked quickly to get his wife and daughter out of the home safely. The fire ravaged the inside of the garage, burning intense enough to melt the stucco off the wall. Firefighters were able to get control of the fire prior it extending to the home.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe