A family of three is lucky to have escaped a house fire that started burning in the attic early Thursday morning. According to Tucson Fire Capt. Andy Skaggs, for some reason the man said he woke up earlier than usual, flipped on the light switch, but when the lights didn't turn on he looked outside and saw a cloud of smoke hovering low to the ground. The man then woke up his wife and nephew and safely got them out of their duplex unit. When firefighters arrived at around 4:30 a.m., they saw smoke coming from the attic.