A 13-year-old boy who stayed up to watch Netflix instead of listening to his mom and going to bed saved his family from a fire that destroyed their Minquadale home early Wednesday.
"I don't know where we (would) be if he listened and went to sleep," Angela Marie Borden said on Facebook.
Her son, Damir, woke the rest of the family up about 1 a.m. and got them out of their New Castle-area mobile home, located in the 600 block of Wildel Avenue.
"Our house is gone, but we are still standing," Borden said. "We (were) told our breaker box was pulling too much outside power causing a spark in an outlet." The family is now looking for its dogs. Two were found dead, one in his crate and the other in his hiding place under a cabinet.