Chemicals start Savannah home fire

  • Source: Savannah Morning News
  • Published: 12/05/2017 03:05 PM

Savannah Fire was dispatched to a building fire at 1131 E. Park Ave. Tuesday to find that chemicals stored in a bucket under the kitchen sink ignited a small blaze. The fire was out when Engine 5 arrived on scene within four minutes, said Jenel Few, department spokesperson. Firefighters checked for hot spots and shut off a waterline that burst during the fire. They also removed excess water from the residence and installed smoke detectors. There were no smoke detectors in the home prior to the fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe