‘Religious shrine’ starts Gwinnett house fire; grandmother rescued

  • Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
  • Published: 12/06/2017 05:46 PM

Four people were injured after a candle sparked a house fire in Lawrenceville on Tuesday night, Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services said. Fire crews arrived to the Stanford Circle home shortly before midnight, Capt. Tommy Rutledge said. Three people were able to escape the home, but a grandmother was trapped inside. Her husband had jumped from a second-story window and gotten a ladder to get his granddaughter and infant great-granddaughter out through a bathroom window, but he was unable to get his wife through the window, Rutledge said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe