Rome firefighters responded to a fire at Wendy’s on Shorter Avenue Tuesday morning.
According to Rome Fire Department Battalion Chief Gene Proctor, 911 got a call about a fire in the kitchen just before 10:30 a.m.
“The first units on the scene reported heavy smoke coming from the vents, he said. “They pulled the lines from the truck and make an attack on the fire on the inside. The ventilation system had some grease built up in it and caught on fire.”
Firefighters got the fire contained quickly, worked to remove the smoke from the building and made sure there was no extension of the fire.