Victim of fatal Albany house fire identified

  • Source: WTVM-TV News 9 Columbus
  • Published: 12/07/2017 07:29 AM

Albany fire crews responded to the scene of a fatal fire Wednesday evening. It happened in the 100 block of Wells Avenue. According to Albany firefighters, the body of Shelley James Keaton, 67, was found inside the living room of the residence. The Dougherty County coroner said Keaton's cause of death was smoke and soot inhalation. Firefighters said the fire started around 8:30 p.m. and started as an unattended cooking fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe