Officials are trying to figure out what caused a home in Roswell to explode, leaving three people injured.
It happened a little before 8:50 p.m. Tuesday at a home along Pine Grove Pointe Drive. Roswell fire officials said the home wasn't on fire when they arrived, but they found substantial damage to the structure. FOX 5 News has learned three guys in theirs 20s, all roommates, had just moved into the home this week. They said they purchased a washer and dryer on Craigslist, and it smelled "funky." The guys said they decided to light a candle to overpower the smell of the funk, and that's when the explosion occurred.
Two of the roommates were rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital with second- and -third-degree burns.