Electric heater leads to garage fire in Storm Lake

  • Source: KTIV-TV NBC 4
  • Published: 12/05/2017 12:59 PM

VIDEO: A portable electric heater is blamed for a fire that destroyed a garage in Storm Lake, IA. When firefighters arrived at the home, in the 400-block of Superior Street, they found the unattached garage fully engulfed in flames. The property was owned by Matthew DeWall of Bellevue, NE. Investigators say a portable electric heater was left running in the garage, and sparked the fire. No injuries were reported, but the garage and it's contents are considered to be a total loss. The full cost of the damage is estimated to be $15,000.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe