Lightning hits gas line, causes Linn County yard fire

  • Source: KWWL-TV NBC 7 Waterloo
  • Published: 07/13/2017 05:29 PM

VIDEO: Wednesday night lightning struck a gas line sparking a fire according to the Linn County Sheriff's Office. It happened in Rich Frahm's front yard which is in the 7400 block of Macon Drive. "I was in the basement working on some electronics and I had my hands on a light that I was putting up and I could feel it in my hands when it hit. I heard it of course, and I felt it in my hands," he told us. Frahm didn't realize the lightning had sparked a fire until his neighbor rang his doorbell.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe