Waterloo family escapes space heater fire

  • Source: Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier
  • Published: 11/12/2017 04:23 AM

VIDEO: A Waterloo family escaped after a fire broke out in their home Saturday night. A space heater inside 601 Randall St. t=ipped around 5 p.m., and the mother helped her children and the family dog to safety, said Battalion Chief Michael Moore with Waterloo Fire Rescue. Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames but not before the fire did heavy damage to the one-story rented home. “It vented out a back window and caught the back of the house on fire and spread to the lower roof,” Moore said. “There was a lot of heat inside. There were two rooms that were going.” Two adults and four children lived at the house, and the American Red Cross was called to assist with emergency shelter.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe