Hiawatha home catches on fire; gas grill suspected as cause

  • Source: Cedar Rapids Gazette
  • Published: 10/10/2017 08:27 AM

No one was injured when a Hiawatha home caught fire Monday evening. According to the Hiawatha Fire Department, crews were called to the 2400 block of Wolf Creek Trail at 6:13 p.m. Monday for a report of a grill on fire with the fire spreading to the deck. Responding firefighters were able to observe a column of smoke and requested mutual aid from the Monroe Township and Robins fire departments. Firefighters met with the homeowner at the scene, who confirmed that no one was in the house. The deck and the back of the house were on fire and the fire had spread into the house, roof and attic.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe