Firefighters extinguish fire in Marshalltown house basement

  • Source: Times-Republican
  • Published: 02/11/2018 07:45 PM

A space heater was the source of a small fire over the weekend. According to the Marshalltown Fire Chief David Rierson, at 8:44 p.m. Saturday, the Marshalltown Fire Department responded to 408 S. 2nd St. on a reported basement fire. On arrival, firefighters observed no smoke or fire from the exterior. Crews made entry into the home and found light smoke conditions. MFD crews entered the basement and found a small fire on top of a work bench. The fire was extinguished with a fire extinguisher. No injuries were reported and damage was estimated at $750.The investigation found the source of the fire to be electrical involving a space heater and the fire has been classified accidental.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe