Three people had to be treated at a local hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in the basement of their Normal home Thursday morning.
Normal firefighters responded at 7:50 a.m. to the residence at 702 Normal Avenue.
A fourth resident was out walking a dog when the fire broke out, said the NFD. Everyone inside had gotten out just before NFD crews arrived.
Fire investigators have determined the fire was an accident and originated in a basement bedroom.
Firefighters confronted thick smoke showing from outside the home when they arrived, said NFD. Firefighters entered the home, using two hose lines to bring the fire under control in about 15 minutes.