An Anderson County barn fire is raising questions about fire hydrants.
According to firefighters, the nearest water source at that fire Friday morning was three and a half miles away.
When volunteer firefighters arrived, the almost 100-year-old barn was already a loss.
Ethan Burgess’ mom and step-dad own the farm. Burgess says his mom sent him a video of the fire.
“I just saw it going up in flames,” he said.
Burgess says it was the farm’s main barn. His family lost expensive equipment, sentimental items, and a shelter for their cattle.