Methuen home damaged by morning fire

  • Source: Lawrence Eagle Tribune
  • Published: 12/05/2017 01:01 PM

A Sawyer Street home suffered significant damage Tuesday morning in a two-alarm blaze from which firefighters rescued two dogs. Deputy Chief Dan Donahue said the Fire Department received a call about a fire just before 9 a.m. from some cemetery workers who saw heavy smoke coming from the house at 25 Sawyer St. "We had heavy fire that had already blown out the kitchen window and the kitchen door" by the time firefighters arrived, Donahue said. "It was a lot of fire." No one was home at the time of the blaze, which Donahue said appears to have started in the garage. The flames burned a hole through the garage ceiling, then engulfed an apartment above the garage, rendering it a complete loss, Donahue said. The rest of the home suffered about $5,000 in damages, Donahue said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe