Whitefield couple hospitalized with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

  • Source: Sun Journal (Lewiston)
  • Published: 12/26/2013 05:57 AM

Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected after an elderly Whitefield couple was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries Christmas morning. A neighbor checking on the couple at about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday found the 84-year-old woman and 83-year-old man unconscious in their home on Heath Road, according to Lt. Rand Maker of the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office. “We suspect this to be a carbon monoxide poisoning case related to a generator running in a garage attached below a living area of the residence,” Maker said. The man was taken by LifeFlight of Maine to an undetermined hospital, and the woman was taken by Delta ambulance to MaineGeneral Hospital in Augusta.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom
state Daily Dispatch emails for free


click to subscribe  
lite version          need more info?