Barry County firefighters are hopefully taking a much needed rest Friday morning. Crews battled two house fires in just a matter of hours Thursday night. One fire was reported at a house on M-43. The other was at a home on Graham Road northeast of Plainwell in Orangeville Township. No one was injured in either fire. The owner of the home tells Newschannel 3 he and his family arrived home around 7:00. When he walked through the house he smelled burnt wood and smoke was coming from a bathroom. He says the hot water heater was in flames and the fire quickly spread from there. He says he's in shock the house appears to be a total loss, but also realizes it could have been much worse.