Man dies in house fire in Detroit; may have started in the kitchen

  • Source: Detroit Free Press
  • Published: 03/18/2017 05:33 PM

Officials are investigating a house fire that claimed the life of a man in Detroit on Saturday afternoon. According to a news release from the Detroit Police Department, the Detroit Fire Department responded to a fire at around noon on the 13200 block of Marlowe. When firefighters entered the home, they found the victim lying on the floor, unresponsive, near the front door. He was transported to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival. No information about his identity was released. According to police, an initial assessment of the home indicated that the fire started in the kitchen. The blaze remains under investigation.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe