A family of six was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after their home caught fire, sources tell Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit.
The fire broke out inside the home on Otis Street in Southwest Detroit shortly after 11 p.m. Three children and three adults were inside the home when the fire started. All were taken to the hospital after suffering smoke inhalation. Some suffered from burns.
The children were 4, 5 and 16 years old. An 18-year-old sibling was also in the home. They are being treated at Children's Hospital in the burn unit. The home belonged to their mother and father who were home at the time and were also taken to the hospital. They both are being treated for 1st and 2nd degree burns to their face, hands and upper body. They also suffered smoke inhalation.