Fire damages Bay Shore mobile home

  • Source: Charlevoix Courier
  • Published: 01/12/2018 04:55 AM

A problem with a bathroom ventilation fan may have caused a fire which caused extensive damage to a mobile home in Emmet County’s Resort Township Thursday. Firefighters from the Resort/Bear Creek Fire Department were called to lot 67 in the Bay Shore Estates Mobile Home Park, which is located near the intersection of U.S. 31 and Townline Road on the western edge of Resort Township at about 10:25 a.m. to a report of heavy smoke coming from the mobile home at that location. Resort/Bear Creek Fire Department Fire Chief Al Welsheimer said flames were visible on the roof of the building when he arrived on the scene. Welsheimer said initial reports were that there was one male occupant at the home at the time of the fire who was able to escape unharmed.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe