Two Forest Lake families are without a home this holiday season after a Saturday night fire.
The blaze started at the 1100 block of 9th Avenue SW at about 8:30 p.m. “My dad said it looked like it was daytime in the backyard so we went out there and the whole shed was on fire,” said Joey Odden, who lived at the home but was at a friend’s when the fire started. Odden along with his four-year-old son Harvey, dad Tracy Cain, and his stepmom Patty, all called the house their home.
"[The fire] started in the back of the house, but I don't know how yet," Odden said.
Everyone inside managed to escape unscathed but watching the scene unfold was nothing short of traumatic.