Alden house damaged by fire

  • Source: Albert Lea Tribune
  • Published: 01/09/2018 12:00 AM

Smoke detectors are being credited with saving the lives of residents Tuesday morning after a house fire that caused severe damage. The fire at 481 Alden Road was reported after 12:15 a.m. Upon arriving, the Alden Fire Department and Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office reportedly observed thick smoke coming from second floor windows. Fire crews reportedly immediately began to extinguish the fire, which is thought to have started in an upstairs bedroom. Resident Dana Petersen said she was downstairs sleeping with her daughter, Lacy Petersen, when she became aware of the fire. At the time, her son, Zach Petersen, was upstairs.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe