Fire Rips Through Duluth House

  • Source: KQDS-TV Fox 21
  • Published: 05/15/2018 03:50 PM

Scary moments on Tuesday afternoon after fire broke out inside a home on West Fourth Street in Duluth. At one point, fire officials worried the homeowner was trapped. Nobody was injured in this fire. The cause all centers around a cigarette. The fire broke out around 3:30 p.m at 4209 West Fourth Street. A neighbor called in the fire. When firefighters got to the scene, they saw heavy smoke coming from the front door. Because the resident’s car was in the driveway, crews thought the elderly man might be trapped inside. However, they later found him uninjured in the back alley with some of his animals. Other animals were found safe in the house. “No injuries. All pets accounted for. It’s a good day for that elderly man and the DFD,” said Duluth Fire Department’s Assistant Chief Chris Martinson at the scene.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe