Lewis and Clark Co. Undershieff Jason Grimmis says a man was working on a propane truck inside a garage when something ignited the propane and sparked the explosion.
Grimmis says the worker was a contractor from Boise brought in to work on a truck for Montana Propane. The contractor suffered significant burns. He was taken to St. Peter’s Health for treatment.
According to the Undersheriff, the truck had a 3,000 gal. tank that was 80 percent full. The shop where the truck was parked was destroyed. York Rd. between Lake Helena and Valley Dr. has been reopened to traffic.