Dog saved as truck burns at Whiteville Lowe’s

  • Source:
  • Published: 06/13/2017 12:00 AM

A dog trapped inside a burning truck at the Whiteville Lowe’s was saved by firefighters Monday. Fire Marshall Hal Lowder said quick response by firefighters and bystanders kept the fire from extending into the main building. The fire was reported around 1:20 p.m. It was initially reported that the building’s sprinkler system activated, but Lowder said that information’s incorrect. Lowe’s employees and customers used handheld fire extinguishers to knock down the fire long enough for firefighters to extract the dog, Lowder said. The dog sustained serious burns and was given oxygen before being taken to a local veterinarian, Lowder said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe