Oil left on stove sparks fire in Durham, officials say

  • Source: WNCN-TV NBC 17
  • Published: 02/08/2018 09:09 PM

Durham firefighters were called out to contain a blaze that started as a cooking fire in the 1200 block of Gearwood Avenue on Thursday afternoon, officials said. When firefighters arrived at about 5:30 p.m., the fire, which started when a pan of cooking oil was left unattended on a stove, had already caused heavy damage in the kitchen and reached a bedroom and a living room, according to fire officials. Firefighters put the fire out in about 10 minutes, officials said. No injuries were reported.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe