Gaston: Dad, 2 toddler girls taken to burn center after fire guts home, officials say

  • Source: WNCN-TV NBC 17
  • Published: 02/11/2018 12:53 PM

A man and two children are being treated for smoke inhalation and burns after a fire gutted a Northampton County home. Gaston Volunteer Fire Department said the fire to a Lincoln Street home in Gaston Friday caused heavy damage. A 21-year-old man and two girls, ages 3 and 2, were rushed to the hospital in critical condition. The fire department said Saturday they had been transferred to the North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center in Chapel Hill. Fire officials didn’t immediately respond to a message asking about their conditions Sunday. Fire Capt. Eddie Porter III tells The Daily Herald of Roanoke Rapids that investigators believe that the fire started when the man, who appears to be the children’s father, fell asleep while cooking on the stove.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe