Manchester apartment fire forces family to relocate

  • Source: Manchester Union Leader
  • Published: 01/06/2014 07:41 AM

A family of four was displaced this morning when a stove fire caused about $10,000 in damage to their Lake Avenue apartment. District Fire Chief Robert Corbeil said the mother had left the apartment with her children to see one of them safely onto a school bus when the fire broke out. All 21 apartments in the three-story, J-shaped brick building, which is owned by MPBUH Holdings, were evacuated. No one was injured. Corbeil said the fire, reported just after 8:30 a.m., started on the stove and is accidental. Flames had spread into the cabinets by the time fire crews arrived, but it only took about 10 to 15 minutes for firefighters to extinguish it. Damage was contained to that one apartment, according to Corbeil.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom
state Daily Dispatch emails for free


click to subscribe  
lite version          need more info?