Meth lab causes Elmira house fire

  • Source: Elmira Star-Gazette
  • Published: 02/05/2014 03:37 PM

Elmira police said a fire early Wednesday that injured four was caused by a meth lab inside a two-family apartment house. Elmira firefighters and police were called at 2:46 a.m. Wednesday to 153 E. Washington Ave., where a fire started in apartment B, said Elmira fire Captain Bob Lutz. The home is a duplex. According to a press release from Elmira police, officers found items within the residence consistent with the manufacturing of methamphetamine and determined that the fire was caused by a meth lab. Four people at the residence were injured during the incident and taken for medical treatment for non-life threatening injuries. Their names and ages were not released by city officials. A total of 12 people in two families were displaced by the fire, according to the Sullivan Trail Chapter of the American Red Cross. There was initially a report that three children were trapped in the home, and firefighters searched for them, but the children were located at a different home, Lutz said.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom
state Daily Dispatch emails for free


click to subscribe  
lite version          need more info?