Firefighters prevent Medina garage fire from spreading to house

  • Source: Batavia Daily News
  • Published: 08/10/2017 02:44 AM

One person was injured during a Wednesday afternoon fire in the village. Upon arrival, firefighters saw heavy smoke emerging from an attached, two-car garage at the house on South Main Street. They initially searched for a child who was unaccounted for, but later confirmed to be elsewhere. Medina Fire Chief Jonathan Higgins said the fire was extinguished within a couple minutes, and firefighters were able to carry some pets out of the garage. One person traveled on their own to the Medina Meorial Hospital emergency room before firefighters arrived, and was later transported to Erie County Medial Center for treatment of non-life threatening injuries. South Main Street was closed for several hours.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe