Everything is fine at the Oneida Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing despite a 9 a.m. call on Monday through brought police and firefighters to the 1400 block of Kemble Street.
The home’s administrator called emergency services as a precaution after an unknown smell was discovered in the home’s atrium, according to an emailed statement from a company spokesperson.
“Upon arrival, the police and fire department checked the facility to see what the smell was,” the statement continued. “It was discovered that the smell was not toxic and nobody was evacuated, including residents and staff. No one got sick and everyone is fine.”
The fire department’s hazardous materials unit was among those responding to the call.
The street was temporarily closed to traffic.
The spokesperson referred all questions about the smell to the fire department.