Around 6:42 PM Tuesday evening, Madison Fire and EMS were dispatched to structure fire at a family home on Bonnie Drive.
According to Madison Fire Chief Ron Luttrell, the fire began in the basement of the home after a candle fell over onto a nearby pillow.
"Our crews did an amazing job of trying to get down to the scene of the fire," Luttrell said. "There was a lot of stuff in the basement that we had to work around. Consequently, it took us about an hour to get the fire contained."
All of the home's occupants escaped unharmed. The home suffered heat damage in the basement as well as smoke damage throughout the house. No damage estimate was available at the time. Madison Fire Department was assisted at the scene by Mifflin Township Fire, Monroe Township Fire, and Franklin Township Fire.