Three people had to be rescued from their apartment during a fire Thursday.
Firefighters were called to the apartment building on Westmont Lane after noon. There was a fire in a second floor apartment.
Most residents were told to stay in their apartments because there wasn't any smoke or fire in them. Three people were on their third floor balcony. They were brought down by ladder. No one was hurt.
Because the gas and electric were turned off in the unit where the fire started, the four adults and two children who live there have to stay somewhere else. The Red Cross is helping them.