Eagle Creek Family escapes fire after alert neighbor sees glow

  • Source: KOIN-TV CBS 6
  • Published: 12/06/2017 05:57 PM

A woman and her children made it safely out of their home after a neighbor alerted them that their garage was on fire. Firefighters said the fire on SE Filbert Street in Eagle Creek started in the garage, where Rice said propane tanks exploded. The neighbor across the street saw the glow of the fire and was able to get the family out safe and call the fire department right away.“My neighbor came over, pounding on the front door yelling ‘your house is on fire!'” Rice told KOIN 6 News. Thanks to that neighbor’s quick action, the fire did not spread to the main house and no one was hurt.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe