Kitchen fire strikes popular Lebanon breakfast restaurant

  • Source: KMTR-TV Eugene
  • Published: 12/06/2017 09:00 AM

An early morning fire halted operations at Kevin's Cafe in on W. Maple Street Wednesday morning, Lebanon Fire District reported. The fire was contained to the stove top thanks to the quick response of the cook on duty and fire crews, district officials said. As an employee was preparing gravy for the morning breakfast crowd, officials say she noticed a small fire had started beneath the burners of the stove top. An attempt was made to snuff the fire with salt, but it was growing quickly and beginning to climb the back wall into the hood system.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe