Following a suspicious shop fire at a Gresham home, the city's code enforcement division condemned the property Friday, warning homeowners the site was uninhabitable.
Firefighters responded to the home located at 136 N.E. 202nd Avenue Wednesday night. It took hours to extinguish the blaze. The fire burned with such intensity, combustible items exploded, alerting neighbors to the inferno outside.
"I was sitting in my living room when I thought I heard fireworks," Jesse, a neighbor who lives a few doors away, told KATU. "After going outside and checking, that's when I saw a plume of smoke."