A resident used household fire extinguishers to slow the spread of a fire in a shop on Immigrant Road on Thursday.
Firefighters from Pleasant Hill Goshen Fire & Rescue and mutual aid units from other departments responded just before 6 a.m.
"On arrival, crews found a large residential pole building with extensive smoke and heat damage inside. The building had signs of smoldering hot spots and embers in various locations but most of the active fire had died down," firefighters said in a report. The resident at the property had located the fire and used a series of household fire extinguishers to extinguish as much fire as possible in the main work area. Firefighters used hand tools to open void spaces while evaluating with thermal imaging cameras to check for further hot spots. The fire was ruled under control within 15 minutes of arrival.
Firefighters said the contents of the building suffered extensive heat damage.
No one was injured.
The cause is suspected to be electrical.