"The last week has been crazy for us," said Hazleton Fire Chief Donald Leshko.
A new state law has found its way to Hazleton, big time. "The amount of fireworks that were being lit off, exploding throughout the city, was just unbelievable. It was probably the worst I've seen in years."
This is the first July 4th holiday Pennsylvanians are legally allowed to buy and use consumer-grade fireworks, and Chief Leshko is seeing the effects firsthand.
"It has just caused great havoc, and I really don't think the legislators or the governor really, truly thought this law out," he said.
Wednesday night, twenty-five people were displaced from their homes on Carlton avenue after a fire broke out.